Day 17 Falmouth to Bude, 100 miles for Mayday

 Today I decided to do 100 miles in line with the RNLI’s mayday mile celebration where the RNLI encourages people to travel a mile in any way they can in May. For this I planned to travel from Falmouth to Bude where we had some family friends to stay with. First stop from Falmouth was Newquay where I showed up in a break in the rain. Then on to Padstow which was very picturesque at the bottom of a cliff but a bit bleak in the rain. I then travelled around the estuary to get to Rock lifeboat station. Next was Port Isaac which was a fantastic old fishing village and the helmsman in the crew very kindly got a pin badge for me. I then had a bit of a run up to Bude where I quickly got a photo before heading to my stop for the night where I was very grateful to get in out of the rain and dry off!







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Motorbike shakedown testing

Day 21 Bristol to St Donats

Day 20 Burnham-on-Sea to Bristol