Day 12 Salcombe to Falmouth

 This was one of my longest days due to the fact that there are no lifeboat stations between Fowey and Falmouth and I wanted to get to Falmouth for the night so I had a journey of almost 100 miles.

I broke camp relatively early and popped into Salcombe before heading straight to Plymouth. I then got the chain ferry over the river into Cornwall and the bikes home county! It was then a quick motor over to Looe with its lovely small fishing village streets and steep hills. There were lots of people enthusiastic about the bike there and I had a nice chat with them. I then drove over to Fowey and got the ferry Across the river before driving round to the lifeboat station. This was then the halfway point of the day. I then was headed straight towards Falmouth along lovely small Cornish tracks with very little traffic, it didn’t hurt to have lovely weather today too. I then got the King Harry ferry across the Fal headed for my rest stop.



Salcombe lifeboat 



Looe lifeboat station 


Fowey lifeboat station 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Motorbike shakedown testing

Day 21 Bristol to St Donats

Day 20 Burnham-on-Sea to Bristol