Day 18 Bude to Ilfracombe

 Slow day as I felt like I was still drying out from yesterday. Patched a crack that had appeared in the exhaust with some exhaust goo, aluminium plate and a jubilee clip, thanks to my host for the night. Then off to Clovelly which was down the steepest hill I’ve been down so far. A lovely secluded fishing village although I don’t recommend driving all the way down, it would be a challenge in a modern vehicle! Luckily the Sunbeam made it back up with some clutch adjustments. Then it was off to Appledore for lunch before finishing off with Ilfracombe where I stayed at a lovely campsite nearby.

An ex lifeboat at Ilfracombe 




The Appledore lifeboat 


The Clovelly lifeboat station 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Motorbike shakedown testing

Day 21 Bristol to St Donats

Day 20 Burnham-on-Sea to Bristol