Day 5 Brighton to Littlehampton

 The day started with no spark again but I adjusted the points to get a spark. Unfortunately this wasn’t a solution and I quickly stopped again with the engine not running smoothly at all. Luckily a kind gentleman from the Sunbeam club stopped by and helped me find that the points were seizing on their pivot point so they weren’t closing properly. We were able to get it apart and free up the pivot and apply some grease so I should hopefully have trouble free motoring for a bit! I then made it over the Downs to Brighton and motored along the coast to Shoreham and Littlehampton spending the night at my Grandparents. I spent the next day at Goodwin watching the racing before deciding to take the bike back home to get it fixed.

A 1926 Frazer Nash, the same age as the Sunbeam







A close up of the points after fixing



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Motorbike shakedown testing

Day 21 Bristol to St Donats

Day 20 Burnham-on-Sea to Bristol